Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Welcome to my new blog!

Hi everyone! I have started this blog to put together a few thoughts and also to alert those in my sphere of influence about different events, activities and news that might be important to you.

We've just taken the Passover and rehearsed its deep meaning for us and I hope that we all take this time of the year seriously in that we try to fix the relationships that need to be fixed - we don't just talk about it. I am committed to that myself however imperfectly I may try to do it.

I have been thinking about how our conduct, demeanor and actions affect others so much and what comes out of our mouths sometimes doesn't show that we live a life filled with character and dignity. I struggle in that area as well.

I hope that tonight's celebration into a new way of thinking will propel us into a clearer and more determined mindset as we navigate the days ahead of us.

Some activities that I will be attending:

Young Adult Spring Weekend near San Diego - April 9-12
Western US Teen Camp near Portland, OR - July 9-19

In a recent blog, Kevin Eikenberry talks about leadership in a way that make me think about how you and I can help others commit to worthy goals and causes. Can we take the time to do that? Are we willing, in a right way, to influence others to think about more than themselves? Our conduct obviously goes a long way to help set the right tone. See Remarkable Leadership.

Keep an eye on this blog and I'll post other items that can help you make sense out of our responsibility to each other.

Until next time,

Jerry de Gier





No comments:

Post a Comment